USG-LF44 - RF Signal Generator
GW Instek debuts the brand new USG-Series RF signal generator, which comes with five models to meet users’ requirements and is a pocket-sized, and USB interface compatible RF signal generator with the frequency range from 35MHz to 4400MHz. The USG-Series provides continuous wave (CW) signal outputs without any signal modulation function. The built-in electronic attenuator of the USG-Series allows an adjustable power range from -30dBm to 0dBm. The USG-Series has several operational modes including fixed frequency, frequency sweep, frequency hopping, and power sweep. The USB-Series RF signal generator, with the frequency bandwidth limitation, provides lower harmonic output performance.
Figure 1 shows the test result of USG-LF44 simultaneous power sweep and frequency sweep. The test result covers the frequency range from 35MHz to 4400MHz and the power range from -30dBm to 0dBm. The yellow trace illustrates the test result of maximum hold and the pink trace shows the test result Figure 1 of signal output.
- The USG-Series RF signal generator, with the excellent performance, is a valuable and economical choice to meet users’ test requirements.
- The USG-Series features the spectral purity of 107dBc/Hz, dwell time of 1ms, frequency offset setting of ±50kHz, and frequency resolution of 10kHz.
- Utilizing the PC USB interface to supply power and to control USG yields the convenience of rapid installment for all electronic products under a plug-in and use basis.
- The clearly explained application software helps users quickly familiarize the operational method that greatly reduces learning time.
- The USG program compatibility has been enhanced by the PC application program supporting different operating systems such as Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8, Linux, Android & Mac OS X.
Target Markets and Applications
USG-Series signal generator has a very wide application range. Educational institutions and electronic component manufacturers use signal generator for the following applications:
- As the reference signal source for phase-locked loop and analog-to-digital converter.
- As the local oscillator for frequency converter and IQ modulator.
- Using two or more USGs for amplifier inter-modulation distortion test.
- Connecting with an external amplifier to produce an interference signal source.
- Connecting with an external attenuator to produce a feeble signal to test the sensitivity of a receiver.
- Connecting with a USB power sensor to test insertion loss for RF components such as cable, filter, and
- As the tracking generator for spectrum analyzer to conduct measurement functions of scalar network
|A USG CD-ROM provides dedicated PC application programs, which were developed under JAVA software* structure. Users must install JAVA software to use USG PC application programs, which support operating systems such as Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8, Linux & Mac OS X through the USB interface.|
|Users can download USG APP to smart phone or tablet with Android 4.0 or above. To operate USG, use USB-OTG connecting cable to connect tablet (or smart phone) and USG. The Android APP application software for the USG signal generator is available on Google Play Store.
|The USG signal generator can be designated as the tracking generator for GSP-730 spectrum analyzer to conduct measurement functions of scalar network analyzer. A USG CD-ROM provides PC application programs for the Primary RF software. Users can, using a Windows OS computer, control USG and GSP-730 via the Primary RF software. The NI-488.2 software** must be installed first before installing Primary RF software.|
|Frequency Range||34.5 MHz to 4.4 GHz|
|Output Power||-30 dBm to 0 dBm, in 1 dB steps|
|Internal Regerence Frequency||25 MHz , aging ±1 ppm at first year|
(0dBm Output Level)
|± 100 Hz at 100MHz|
|OutputIsolation||≦ -75 dBc , Output Control On/Off|
|Mode Control||Fixed Frequency / Single Sweep / CW Sweep / Hopping / Power sweep|
|Step Dwell||≦1000 ms in 1 ms steps|
|Frequency Offest||-50 kHz to 50 kHz in 10 kHz steps|
(0dBm Output Level)
|-1 dBm to 3.5 dBm, typical|
|Carrier frequency||fc =1.0GHz|
|At 10kHz offset frequency||< -97 dBc/Hz typical -100 dBc/Hz|
|At 100kHz offset frequency||< -107 dBc/Hz typical -110dBc/Hz|
(0 dB Attenuation)
|≦ -15 dBc, typical 34.5 MHz to 2.0 GHz|
|≦ -10 dBc, typical 2.0 GHz to 3.0 GHz|
|≦ -25 dBc, typical 3.0 GHz to 4.4 GHz|
(0 dB Attenuation)
|≦ -5 dBc, typical 34.5 MHz to 2.0 GHz|
|≦ -20 dBc, typical 2.0 GHz to 3.0 GHz|
|≦ -40 dBc, typical 3.0 GHz to 4.4 GHz|
|Spurious related to Resolution settings||≦ -30 dBc, typical , Resolution < 1MHz
≦ -65 dBc, typical , Resolution ≧ 1MHz
|Spurious related to the fundamental output||≦ -60 dBc, typical|
|USB Connector Type||Mini B|
|Supply Voltage||5V nominal|
|RF Connector Type||N-type male|
|Impedance||50 Ohm nominal|
|Output VSWR||< 1.5:1 , Output Level @ -30dBm|
|Maximum permissible DC voltage||±25V|
|Maximum Reverse power||+30dBm (1W)|
|Electromagnetic compatibility||EN 55011 class A, EN 61326-1 (industrial environment), EN 61326-2-1, EN 61000-4-2, EN 61000-4-3, EN 61000-4-11|
|Dimensions & Weight||30mm(W) x 103mm(H) x 30mm(D), Approx. 100g|
Do you have a RF Signal Generator that needs to be calibrated?
We offer standard traceable calibration and ISO 17025 accredited calibration services.Get your RF Signal Generator calibrated today! Click Here!
Recommended Accessories for the RF Signal Generator
RF Cable, RG316 Assembly, 600mm, SMA(P/M)
50 Ohm N Type(female) to SMA(female)